Friday, July 14, 2006

That hard-to-find Japanese site and a 6100 converted to a Windows PC (son of a...)

Okay, I mentioned that I saw a 6100 with a blue LED on a Japanese website... I FOUND IT!!!

The original site in Japanese: < HERE >
The same site, but translated by Google.com < HERE >

Son of a... dang!!! This guy (or these guys?) is L337! And btw, I'd really like to know where he got that "6100/G3" lable to put on the 6100's case..... any clues?

In other news, there's this dude who posted on the MacMod website that he successfully gutted out all the Mac innards of the 6100 and replaced all of it with PC components... very interesting. I only wish that more of the common mini-ATX power supplies (PSUs) worked with the 6100's motherboard and power-switch button/mechanism. :-(

6100 - Mini ATX Mod: < HERE >

Speaking of which, has anyone ever successfully replaced the internal fan inside the 6100's power supply? Uh..... anyone else ASIDE from that Japanese dude from earlier?!?