Tuesday, November 28, 2006

UPGRADING TIME!!!!

Well, sort of... I only just placed an order for a new-in-box Power Macintosh AV card (an Apple-branded video capture card) for my 6100, along with a pair of 64 MB SIMMs (RAM).

I bet you're asking why the hell is this guy spending any amount of money on a machine as old as the 6100? Well, I've given the argument that I simply wanted to extend the usefulness of my original investment. My reason TODAY is that I just love this machine so much!!! It was my first computer and has served me faithfully for all these years, even when I did most of my early college work on my Windows PeeCee. I think my 6100 deserves some real TLC and respect. Is there a better way for me to do that? No, I'm not gonna donate or recycle this baby!

In the meantime, I'm working on another project. It's still a LONG way from being done. And no, i'm -NOT- gonna release this one, since it is not my work, so to speak. I'm simply updating the "Smooth Stripes" Kaleidoscope scheme by MaxThemes.com.

Essentially, I just did the following to it:

  • repaired the progress bar's graphic to not display fragments of blue along the bottom of the bar
  • made the menus translucent
  • and swapped-in some Minium icons

Check out my latest screenshot!!!